The origin of Les moise

Milwaukee, wi


Les Moise has been a family owned and operated business since 1946. The original owner's name was Laicaster Moise and he shortened his name to form the business name of "Les Moise". We originally specialized in men's and women's hunting, fishing, golf, clothing, and equipment. There was a gun display on the first floor of our original store, a golf club display, and a a fishing tackle and rod section. The upstairs of this building was a display of ski equipment and clothing. The basement was used for shipping and receiving, along with a service area for equipment sold.


Mr. Clement Rosmann took over the books for Mr. Moise, and eventually the entire business. The business moved from downtown Milwaukee to 151 E. Silver Spring Dr. in 1955. The sports that Les Moise sold were narrowed to focus on ski and tennis, with some gifts and clothing. Mr. Clem Rosmann passed away on January 13, 2008. He is survived by his wife Joyce, and all four of their children currently run the business.


Both stores specialize in Skiing, Tennis, Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Active Wear, and many services for those sports. We continue to strive to be Milwaukee's best sporting goods store, and provide the best brands in the sports we specialize in.


Les Moise opened it's newest location at 10130 N. Port Washington Road in July of 2012. It has over 10,000 square feet of retail space along with a spacious basement for storage. This location replaced the 151 E. Silver Spring Drive location which existed for over 50 years.


We moved our second location July 1, 2008 to 19730 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield. It has over 11,000 square feet of retail space and provides the same selection of equipment and clothing as our North Port Washington Road location. Tuning for winter equipment is primarily completed out of our Brookfield store as well.